Volunteer with the No More Homeless Pets National Conference
Since this week is national volunteer week and this amazing animal rescue and charity organization are needing volunteers, we wanted to post about the annual No More Homeless Pets National Conference. They are needing volunteers from all over. The conference began in 2001, and has continued a successful run since then. This year the conference will take place between October 10-13 in Jacksonville, Florida. As listed by the conference’s website, these are reasons why volunteers should get involved:
- Rescue group staff and board members
- Private and public shelter and animal welfare staff
- Veterinarians, vet techs and clinic managers
- Spay/neuter and TNR staff and other animal advocates
- Animal lovers who want to get involved.
Volunteers can also participate varied sessions and workshops of their choice, as well as learn from nationally trained leaders, and connect with fellow animal lovers and enthusiasts. Below are a few ways to volunteer:
- Volunteers are needed for setup (on Wednesday, October 9, before the conference begins), throughout the conference and for tear-down after the conference ends on Sunday, October 13. There are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, so you’re encouraged to work in positions that interest you.
- All conference volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and able to commit to working at least one full shift lasting four to four-and-a-half hours. Non-local volunteers are asked to commit to a full day (generally two shifts). Volunteers who work more than one shift a day will have ample break time.
- Snack foods and lunches will be provided, but all other meals, transportation and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the volunteer. Volunteers can book their hotel rooms at the discounted conference rate as long as the hotel has availability.
- You do not have to register for the conference to attend a session or partial session on the days you are volunteering. For example, if you are working a noon to 4 pm shift on Friday, you could sit in on a session before your shift starts, or catch one after your shift ends on that day. But if you’d like to attend sessions on days when you are not volunteering, you’ll need to register for the conference.
Check out more information by copying and pasting the link below in your browser: