Six Successful Grooming Tips for Your Pet
Do you ever struggle with grooming your pet; think it’s too much of a hassle to bathe your pet? Well, there are ways to navigate the difficulty of bathing and grooming. Here are some tips for a successful grooming session.
- Proper rinsing is important to ensure that all of the pet shampoo is fully cleansed from your pet’s fur. If not, the remaining shampoo can cause excessive dryness to your pet’s coat.
- Have a pet with sensitive and skin issues? Look for a shampoo that has oatmeal as an ingredient, as it is very soothing.
- Have a white dog? Purchase a shampoo that’s specially formulated for them, so that their coat will not have a dirty or yellowish tone.
- Keep your dog’s toenails trimmed accordingly.
- Remember that certain breeds have special needs during grooming. Pugs, Bulldogs and other flat-faced dogs require specific attention to their facial area. I use baby wipes to clean out my Bulldog’s wrinkles. Make sure your veterinarian knows of these specific needs, as well as your groomer, if you decide to retain professional services.
- Always remember to brush your pet! Brushing ensures a healthier looking coat, removes dead hair, and stimulates the skin; plus, most pooches and kitties love it
Do you have any grooming tips that you have been successful with to add to the list? We’d love to hear from you!