Surprising Foods You Can Share With Your Dog
Dogs are masters at begging and few pet owners can resist the puppy dog eyes and soft whimpering that resides close to you while chowing down on your favorite snack. Lots of things human eats can cause gastrointestinal issues in dogs though. Here is a list of surprising foods that you can feel free to share with your pet and satisfy your desire to treat them!
Surprising foods to satisfy your dog!
Treat Your Pet With These Surprising Foods!
- Peanut Butter – Peanut Butter is a perfectly safe treat to share with your dog, but to be on the healthy side, try to be certain that it is natural, and not full of extra sugars.
- Apples & Pears – not necessarily something your dog will be begging for but they are okay to share! Spare your pet the core of the fruit though since the seeds can contain cyanide!
- Squashes – Next time you’re hosting a summer cook out, feel free to share some grilled yellow squash or zucchini with your pet!
- Peppermint – while it may not be one of the ‘surprising foods’ since technically it’s an herb, feel free to treat your fuzzy friends bad breath with some fresh peppermint!
- Yogurt and cheeses – we’ve added these two to our list of surprising foods but its important to note that like humans, a small percentage of dogs are lactose intolerant.
- Oatmeal – a great choice for older dogs who may need more fiber, as well as young pups who need soft food.
While all these foods, as well as many others are safe to feed to your dog, remember moderation is key. Also remember to always choose options with the least amount of added sugars and fats. Be certain to check out the ASPCA website for a list of surprising foods to NEVER feed your dog, including avocado, grapes, and bread dough.
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/supercereal/10584549423/”>MA1216</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a